Tuesday, June 23, 2009

More Evidence of Random Chaos

I've talked a little bit before about my ever increasing surety that the Universe is governed by nothing but random chaos. Attempts to find order or reason in things that happen just make my head hurt.

For instance, this headline that was sent to my in-box from the Atlanta Journal Constitution on Sunday: Mother arrested for locking 4-month-old twins in car while shopping.

REALLY?? THIS woman gets to have not one, but TWO, children?? I don't have the words to tell you what I think about that. Seriously....WTF??

So, I am happy to report that a passerby heard the babies crying, saw them, and called the police. The babies were checked out at a local hospital and released to the their father and the so-called mother is cooling her heels in the jail house. I was nauseous for two days and am reminded, again, while I gave up watching and reading the news.


2 comments:

Lisa said...

And my neighbor Nate has a new dog.

I swear, some people shouldn't even have licenses to breathe.

Jesse Wiedinmyer said...

My favorite recently was the one about the man who bit out his four year old's eyes. Money quote was "My daddy ate my eyes."