Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Continued World-Avoidance

In an effort to retain what's left of my own sanity and ignore the lack of same being displayed all around me, let's continue to tour the tiny but pleasant space I call "home."

Here's another touch recently added to the kitchen....one step closer to being well and truly done. I'm not too fond of those tab-tops in this space, but one of my sisters assures me they are easy to get rid of and that will also help to shorten the curtains and keep them out of the sink when they are closed.



What I really like is how the zinnia patch threw up red and yellow flowers (very similar in tone to the colors in the living and dining room) and then also gave me greens and oranges to draw from. Even when this year's zinnia patch is done, I will still have all the colors of my summer flowers around me. That's a good thing.

3 comments:

Cara dB said...

I think the curtains look great. And I think loving your home is part of being in the world just as much as interacting with the outside.

Debi Harbuck said...

True...but better sometimes because you don't have to let the crazy people in the door. :)

Cara dB said...

there's that!