Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Introducing 'Like Fire'

You remember my friend Lisa, yes? Lisa and I egged each other on during May's blogathon and then practically abandoned our blogs together for the rest of the summer. Lisa - though she may not know it - is one of my role models. In all honesty, Lisa is sort of who I thought I'd grow up to be: she works at an Ivy League University in a big city; she's smart and funny and reads both widely and deeply; she's fiercely loyal. She buys used books on the street during her lunch-hour and is devoted to her four-legged friends; she's an incredibly talented artist, an inventive cook, and a master baker of cookies that are as pretty as they are delicious. She has more integrity than anyone I know and I'm not embarrassed to tell you that a rousing round of "What Would Lisa Do?" has become one of my major tools for getting through a difficult day. In short, Lisa rocks and I am a better person because I know her.

While my blog was languishing in favor of sitting on my porch and watching my garden grow, Lisa was busy putting together another blog....this one all about books and the people who read them and how those books change both the world we live in and how we look at it. Here's a link to her latest entry...check it out:

The Light Gleams an Instant, Then It's Night Once More (Like Fire)




Shared via AddThis

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Well, if I can be half as good a person as I sound like from your description, then I have something to aspire to. Really, sweetie -- thanks for the nice words and the shout-out for Like Fire. That was an excellent way to start my day.

Debi Harbuck said...

You are all of that and more. It's true.

Lisa said...

Notice I didn't give you shit for calling me a master baker...

Debi Harbuck said...

I did notice. And it's a good thing. I would have hated to have to call you a "Liah!' after I'd just told my whole world how much you rock.