Monday, September 7, 2009

Flower Break

I have spent the last couple of days more engaged with the world than I really like to be of late and may I just say WTF?? Of course I can. It's my blog and I can say what I want. And one of the things I want to say is this: People are crazy. I mean seriously bat-shit crazy. And since I don't have a lot of energy for foolishness (particularly of the manufactured kind) and it completely wears me out...I quit. At least for the rest of the day I just refuse to put up with crazy people.

Let's look at my beautiful zinnias instead, shall we? I grew them from seed (a first for me in the flower department) and they have been just lovely out there in the garden for months. They came up in a rainbow of colors - pink and purple and yellow and red and white and orange and cream and even green - that have helped to inspire the ongoing painting projects in the house and they show no sign of letting up. Zinnias may be my new favorite flower.

6 comments:

Lisa said...

Flowers always take precedence over crazy people. And zinnias are particularly uncomplicated and sweet.

Lysnekate said...

Debi - I love your zinnias. Such a wonderful splash of color. And I admire your ability to recognize the crazies & dis-engage.

Hope your arm is feeling better...

Lisa said...

And coincidentally, another blog post about zinnias.

Cara dB said...

Your zinneas are gorgeous. I definitely want to try cosmos from seed next year; maybe zinneas should be on that list, too.

Debi Harbuck said...

Y'all are sweet. And, Lisa, thanks for that link.

It's been a mostly relaxing 24 hours and I am considering extending my no-crazy-people ban through the end of the week. I may have to hide in my closet.

Jesse Wiedinmyer said...

And one of the things I want to say is this: People are crazy. I mean seriously bat-shit crazy.

You've noticed that, too?