Monday, May 25, 2009

Memorial Day

I never know what to do with myself on these sorts of holidays. Though I love everything about cookouts, my family are not really 'backyard cookout' sorts. We don't have a Memorial Day parade here in Savannah (why is that? are we not sufficiently recovered from St. Paddy's Day?) and I don't live in an actual neighborhood, so there weren't any block parties to wander to or neighbors' porches to hang out on. An extra day off work (a holiday my company actually recognizes!) and nothing special to do with it.

So, I puttered around the yard some, cleaning up the debris from the rain. I puttered in the garden some, finding new things for the cukes to climb on and moving the pot that holds the basil and the parsley out of reach of the cukes. I inspected the rose bush and cut a few dying fronds off the small palm out front. And, I harvested basil and made pesto from my own garden. (That's a special excitement that involved a lot of Googling and a few emails to Lisa.)

I hung out with Dave a lot and- of course - stayed up too late. Tomorrow, it's back to work.



1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Pretty!