Monday, May 11, 2009

Camping


Recently my friend Lisa mentioned camping and I realized how very long it's been since I slept outside. Back when Britt was young, she loved being a Girl Scout and we camped a lot. Her high school years didn't leave a lot of time for camping; she was busy singing and dancing and acting and writing. But the last time I talked to her, two days before she died, one of things we talked about was camping out on the dock of the new house I was moving into that day. Summer was coming and the time for sleeping out and laughing and talking into the night was nigh. It never came but I wish it had. She was an excellent camper.


2 comments:

Cara dB said...

I love that her leg warmers match her skirt in that picture. And I'm loving this whole blogging-every-day thing from you and Lisa and Sue. I feel like I'm getting to know Britt much better through your posts.

Lisa said...

What a great photo! Now I'm really going to have to find that tent.